This article reviews a wonderful speech by Jacqueline Novogratz about escaping poverty, which was delivered at TED in 2009.
In this speech, Novogratz demonstrates several strong speech techniques, including:
- A direct opening which immediately captures interest and provokes curiosity;
- Contrast as a rhetorical device;
- Relating to the audience;
- Complementary visuals; and
- Masterful delivery.
This is the latest in a series of speech critiques here on Six Minutes.
I encourage you to:
- Watch the video;
- Read the analysis in this speech critique; and
- Share your thoughts on this presentation in the comment section.