Welcome to Six Minutes
Six Minutes brings you public speaking and presentation skills tips, analysis, insights, and strategies.
Discover how you can become a more effective speaker and a more effective communicator.
We are a community of speakers of all experience levels who come together to learn, share, and grow in our understanding of public speaking.
Six Minutes Topics
The latest articles published on Six Minutes:
- Secrets to Achieve Your Public Speaking Resolutions (Flashback Friday #20)
- How the Grinch Stole PowerPoint (Flashback Friday #19)
- Speak Up! A Guide to Voice Projection (Flashback Friday #18)
- Audience Analysis: A Guide for Speakers (Flashback Friday #17)
- 7 Habits for Highly Effective Speakers (Flashback Friday #16)
Write Memorable Speeches
Speechwriting articles teach you how to craft content which is compelling, focussed, and memorable.
Develop Positive Habits
Ready to get serious about improving your skills?
Learn habits which help you become a complete well-rounded speaker.
Tune your Delivery
When you have an important message, you must be able to deliver it confidently and powerfully. Hone your body language, vocal variety, movement, and audience interaction.
Design Effective Visuals
PowerPoint or Keynote? Flip chart or prop? Learn how to design effective visual aids which complement your message.
- How to Create Pro Slides in Less Time: Don’t Worry, Be CRAPpy
- The 10-20-30 Rule: Guy Kawasaki on PowerPoint
- How to Improve Your PowerPoint Slides with the Rule of Thirds
- How Many Slides Should You Have? How Many Slides Do You Need?
- Use PowerPoint Visuals, Not Bullets – What the World Eats
- Six Simple Techniques for Presenting Data: Hans Rosling (TED, 2006)
Learn From Great Speeches
Speech evaluations which analyze great speakers, illustrate their simple techniques, and show you how to emulate them.
Resources for Speakers
The Best of the Blogosphere
The Best Books Revealed
Don't waste your money and time reading the wrong books.
You will find regular reviews of outstanding books which cover public speaking, presentation skills, and communication methods.
- Confessions of a Public Speaker
- The Wealthy Speaker: The Proven Formula for Building Your Successful Speaking Business
- Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: 21 Powerful Secrets of History's Greatest Speakers
- Boring to Bravo: Proven Presentation Techniques to Engage, Involve, and Inspire Your Audience to Action
- Advanced Presentations by Design: Creating Communication that Drives Action
- The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion Through the Art of Storytelling