Welcome to Six Minutes
Six Minutes brings you public speaking and presentation skills tips, analysis, insights, and strategies.
Discover how you can become a more effective speaker and a more effective communicator.
We are a community of speakers of all experience levels who come together to learn, share, and grow in our understanding of public speaking.
Six Minutes Topics
The latest articles published on Six Minutes:
- 7 Habits for Highly Effective Speakers (Flashback Friday #16)
- How to Use Quotes in Your Speech: 8 Benefits and 21 Tips (Flashback Friday #15)
- How to Improve Your PowerPoint Slides with the Rule of Thirds (Flashback Friday #14)
- Book Review – Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches in History (William Safire)
- Speech Analysis: Steve Jobs (Flashback Friday #13)
Write Memorable Speeches
Speechwriting articles teach you how to craft content which is compelling, focussed, and memorable.
Develop Positive Habits
Ready to get serious about improving your skills?
Learn habits which help you become a complete well-rounded speaker.
Tune your Delivery
When you have an important message, you must be able to deliver it confidently and powerfully. Hone your body language, vocal variety, movement, and audience interaction.
Design Effective Visuals
PowerPoint or Keynote? Flip chart or prop? Learn how to design effective visual aids which complement your message.
- Six Simple Techniques for Presenting Data: Hans Rosling (TED, 2006)
- Use PowerPoint Visuals, Not Bullets – What the World Eats
- How to Create Pro Slides in Less Time: Don’t Worry, Be CRAPpy
- How to Improve Your PowerPoint Slides with the Rule of Thirds
- How Many Slides Should You Have? How Many Slides Do You Need?
- The 10-20-30 Rule: Guy Kawasaki on PowerPoint
Learn From Great Speeches
Speech evaluations which analyze great speakers, illustrate their simple techniques, and show you how to emulate them.
Resources for Speakers
The Best of the Blogosphere
The Best Books Revealed
Don't waste your money and time reading the wrong books.
You will find regular reviews of outstanding books which cover public speaking, presentation skills, and communication methods.
- The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion Through the Art of Storytelling
- The Wealthy Speaker: The Proven Formula for Building Your Successful Speaking Business
- Boring to Bravo: Proven Presentation Techniques to Engage, Involve, and Inspire Your Audience to Action
- Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln: 21 Powerful Secrets of History's Greatest Speakers
- Advanced Presentations by Design: Creating Communication that Drives Action
- Confessions of a Public Speaker