Public Speaking Articles: Week in Review [2008-05-03]
Every Saturday, we survey the best public speaking articles from throughout the public speaking blogosphere.
Topics featured this week include:
- nonverbal messages;
- visual communication;
- marketing yourself as a speaker;
- professional speaking; and
- much more!
Week in Review: Six Minutes
This week featured two articles on Six Minutes:
- Toastmasters Speech 2: Organize Your Speech
A continuation of the Toastmasters Speech Series, this article provides tips and numerous speech examples for organizing your speech paying special attention to transitions between ideas.
- Use PowerPoint Visuals, Not Bullets – What the World Eats
Demonstrates two alternatives — boring text slides and impactful visual slides — for conveying the message from the fascinating book Hungry Planet: What the World Eats.
Week in Review: Public Speaking Blogosphere
These are the best public speaking articles from the past week:
- Sue Hershkowitz-Coore emphasizes nine messages that your body is sending while you speak.
- James Feudo suggests points to consider when you are delivering as a co-presenter.
- Craig Strachan counters 11 myths of public speaking.