When Steve Jobs speaks, people listen.
- Does he use cutting-edge software to generate his slides?
- Does he hire the most expensive speech writers?
- Does he perform complex techniques that are beyond the reach of any other speaker?
No. You can easily learn these techniques and present like Steve Jobs.
In this video from bnet.com, communications coach Carmine Gallo provides an insightful synopsis of the methods that Steve Jobs uses to captivate his audience.
Summary of Speaking Tips
- Set the Theme
- Make your theme clear and consistent
- Create a headline that sets the direction for your meeting
- Provide the Outline
- Open and close each section with a clear transition
- Make is easy for your listeners to follow your story
- Demonstrate Enthusiasm
- Wow your audience
- Sell an Experience
- Make numbers and statistics meaningful
- Analogies help connect the dots for your audience
- Make it Visual
- Paint a simple picture that doesn’t overwhelm
- Give ’em a Show
- Identify your memorable moment and build up to it
- Give your audience an added bonus to walk away with
- Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse
- Spend the time to rehearse
More from Carmine Gallo
If you enjoyed this analysis by Carmine Gallo, you may be interested in the Six Minutes review of his book: Fire Them Up! where he analyzes many other great business communicators.
More about Steve Jobs Speaking Style
For further analysis of Steve Jobs’ speaking techniques, check out the speech critique of his Stanford commencement address. He demonstrates his strength in a different speaking style.