Connect with Six Minutes on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter
Great news… Six Minutes has given birth to triplets.
No, the triplets are not adorable humans. We’ve recently added three more social media platforms: Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest.
Why connect on these platforms?
Just as speakers benefit greatly from understanding the needs of their audience, we want to understand our readers better. For example:
- How does speaking fit into your life?
- What are your greatest speaking challenges?
- Which articles are most helpful to you?
- How can Six Minutes be more valuable for you?
Knowing the answers to these questions helps tremendously when planning our publishing calendar and making our articles valuable for you.
So, we’re expanding our social media presence to strengthen the two-way conversation with readers like you. Please connect with us and help chart the future direction of Six Minutes.
Our website continues to be the primary platform for sharing speaking insights with a growing community of speakers around the world. In addition to about 140,000 unique visitors per month to the site itself, the subscriber community (via email or via RSS) is over 12,000.
- If you’re reading this, there’s a very good chance you are one of the 12,000. Thank you for reading.
- If you aren’t a subscriber yet, we invite you to subscribe. It’s free!
I’ve been posting on Twitter for several years, and have enjoyed interacting with many of the wonderful 3000 followers. Twitter followers have helped Six Minutes grow in several ways:
- Exposure to great websites and articles that end up featured in weekend reviews.
- “First contact” with several speaking experts who later turned into guest authors.
- Invaluable feedback on articles.
- Many questions and suggestions which turn into future articles.
- By sharing article links. (We appreciate these, as they are a good indicator of which articles are resonating.)
I’m hopeful that our new triplets will also help improve Six Minutes in many ways.
Many of you have already been sharing articles on Facebook (thank you!), and we hope the brand new Six Minutes Facebook page will make it easier to do that.
It will take a while to learn how we can best use Facebook to connect with readers, but I’m excited about the possibilities e.g. informal surveys, article sneak peeks, contests, and more.
Google+: +Six Minutes
Like Facebook, our Google+ page is just a few days old. And, like Facebook, I’m looking forward to meeting many of you through this medium.
The third of our baby triplets, our Pinterest page is just getting started.
So far, we’ve been pinning on the following boards (which mostly mirror the article categories on Six Minutes):
- Speech Writing
- Delivery Techniques
- PowerPoint and Visuals
- Bad PowerPoint
- Speaker Habits
- Storytelling Resources
- Speaking Books
- Speaker Resources
Please Join Us
We look forward to meeting many of you at both the old and new platforms. Please drop by, tell us what you like, tell us what you don’t, and join the discussion.
And, of course, you can always contact us directly.