Web comic xkcd has charted the number of deaths from numerous activities, but no public speaking deaths have been reported.
As I write this, Google searches demonstrate that public speaking is a non-life threatening activity. All of these return zero results:
- “died in a public speaking accident”
- “died in a speaking accident”
- “died in a presentation accident”
- “died in a PowerPoint accident”
- “died in a Toastmasters accident”
- “died while reading Six Minutes”: 0 results
But, I think you’re safe.